My head is empty, As a great hall
The words
They echo, Off the wall

Friday, May 21, 2010

Sweet Morning Alive

Looking down,
the valley below.
I see the lights
flashing. Blue. And red.
And the twinkling of gold as the city awakes.
I feel alive.

Every sound intense. Magnified.
Surrounding stillness.
Shoes hit pavement, heavy breathing.
Leaves crunch, gravel skids across the path.
The earth,
it is alive.

Startled by movement.
A herd of deer approaches.
My companions in the dark.
Powerful stride,
graceful creatures.
Emanate life.

Their eyes blazing,
still and staring.
Curious gazing. Fear,
and wonder, draws them near.
Sweet as the morning,
comes to life.

They watch intently,
my every move.
The air is cold, my
thumbs are frozen,
lungs are burning,
heart is pounding.

I run.
They stare.

I Am
Alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment